Several concepts with substantial impact potential and potential down-side implications or difficult trade-off were suggested in this proposal;
- Do only acquisition/rehabilitation developments.
- Eliminate real estate taxes for affordable housing
- Reduce unit sizes by an average of 25-30%
- Consolidate all gap funding
- Consolidate all Low Income Housing Tax Credits into a single, statewide limited partnership.
- Focus MN Challenge efforts on Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and the larger federal and state programs that subsidize all different types of housing, including ownership.
Policy/Regulatory, Process, Finance, Hard Costs, Soft Costs
Download the Aeon and Partners submission